What is Saas?
What is Saas?
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a popular trend that is gaining momentum. SaaS is a form of providing software products in which the client receives a ready-made cloud solution serviced by the provider company, which provides the client with access to the main functionality through a web application. Software as a service can become an excellent choice for every company. SaaS avoids the traditional approach to installing, maintaining, and managing software in favor of delivering cloud-based applications over the network and offers an alternative to locally deploying hardware and software.
What is SaaS software
It is high time to find out the key features of SaaS software. Here they are:
- Access to software developed in accordance with the software as a service model is provided remotely via network channels and, as a rule, through a web interface, in addition, terminal access can be used;
- The software is deployed in the data center as a single software core, with which all customers work;
- Software is provided on a periodic rental basis;
- Maintenance and software updates are carried out centrally on the side of the provider of the application provided as a service (SaaS);
- The cost of technical support is usually included in the rent.
Advantages of SaaS
At the moment, SaaS applications are increasingly recognized as the best alternative to traditional schemes for installing software on user equipment because:
- In the case of the SaaS model, the customer pays exclusively rental services, without overpaying for services that are not used in the work. Moreover, the customer does not need to spend money on the acquisition of a hardware platform, as well as to maintain further system performance after its implementation in the enterprise. Thus, SaaS solutions relieve the customer of unnecessary "headache", she/he can only use the functionality of SaaS technology at own discretion, of course, as part of the payment.
- SaaS allows the customer to receive, instead of software, exclusively functionality in the form of a web service. But you must admit, the main goal of each company is the effective implementation of its business functions, which, in fact, gets the customer.
- SaaS model provides access to the application at any convenient time and from anywhere. The only condition for access is the availability of an Internet connection.
- The process of implementing the system is simple: receiving data for entering the program (login and password), the customer is free to use it. SaaS examples exclude a complicated adaptation procedure for specific customer requirements, the system is quickly configured and does not need additional and quite capital-intensive consulting services. As a result, the time and financial costs of the project are significantly reduced.
As you can see, the advantages of SaaS are numerous. But is a platform as a service perfect? Let’s find out it right now.
Disadvantages of SaaS
Software as a service solutions also have some disadvantages that must be taken into account when choosing a platform for automating business processes.
- The lack of a local database. When using cloud solutions, the entire business database is located at the service provider. Such a schematic diagram can be attributed to a drawback if the client needs to integrate with the local system or completely change the software. All the necessary information can be obtained either through the web interface (if it is possible to export the necessary data in a convenient format) or with the help of technical experts of the supplier of the software as a service platform. Also, when choosing a business solution, it is necessary to take into account the reliability of a SaaS provider, which will ensure the safety and confidentiality of your data. If it is possible to sign an agreement with the definition of all disputed issues - this must be done.
- The rigidity of the functional system. In most cases, all SaaS offerings are universal for a specific niche of doing business, the flexibility of the platforms is relatively small. Therefore, when choosing the necessary software, it is necessary to select the option that is most suitable for your tasks and take into account the possibility of developing and upgrading the system in the future for your goals and desires. SaaS providers, on the other hand, in most cases provide the latest software features that help standardize processes and increase productivity.
What does SaaS mean
As you can see, SaaS meaning is not as easy as it may seem to be at first glance. If you want to know how to build a SaaS product and how to launch a SaaS product, then learn the specifics of the functioning of software as a service.
SaaS application itself is located on the provider's server, and users get access to it through an Internet browser. Another characteristic feature is that the software is not bought, but leased. Thus, two points are decided at once. The first - save on software. The second point - since the application is constantly updated, there is access to the best functionality and wide features. SaaS providers are responsible for the good running of the application and the technical support of users. Thanks to free time, the company’s strength can be focused on achieving its goals.
Speaking about the development of software-as-a-service SaaS, the opinions of experts differ. But most still talk about the increasing demand for SaaS products. Analysts say the biggest demand will be for small and medium-sized companies. This point of view is based on examples of American companies, most of which have switched to using service SaaS. If you still hesitate whether your company needs SaaS support, then look carefully at a SaaS business model.
What is SaaS business model
SaaS is a web-based application delivery model in which software is hosted and updated on the provider's side without being installed on user computers. Payment for SaaS service is carried out through subscriptions or use licenses. A classic example of SaaS for private users is a web application for managing accounts or preparing taxes. In the enterprise segment, Google Apps is one of SaaS examples. Considering all the advantages and disadvantages of SaaS industry, it can already be argued that cloud software has made business solutions more adaptable and affordable for businesses regardless of their size.
A large number of factors have led to the popularity of the SaaS model. As the global network spreads, we can confidently say that over time, such a model will become more popular and widely used. In addition, it offers good opportunities for remote control of a large number of processes. An example is a sales management system. Thanks to them, it is already possible to monitor the general situation at the enterprise or company, and in the event of certain trends, they are noticed, and appropriate actions can be taken to eliminate negative aspects or strengthen positive ones. It is possible that over time, the adoption of part or all of the decisions will even go over to automation, and computers will decide a different routine. Therefore, software as a service can in some way even be considered a prototype of artificial intelligence that can perform a whole range of tasks of SaaS customers. Although, of course, this is still quite a long way off. But now we can confidently say that the software, which is based on the SaaS model, has a great future so as top SaaS companies
Let's discuss how we can help you
Get in touch with us!
Get in touch with us!