Facts you need to know for business success
It goes without saying, that if you are not in the internet these days you are not in business. But still there are a lot of small businesses that believe this statement is not true. Such companies think that they have been in a business so long and they are doing great without all this hassle. Or, another situation, if small business is just starting out and can’t afford new expenses. For them, word of mouth and traditional ways of advertising is all they need.
Do you need an online presence for your business?
Let’s just look at some statistics. There are more than 3.95 billion internet users worldwide. Over 3.5 billion Google searches are made every day. People spend an average of 5 hours per week shopping online. 1.66 billion people purchased something online in 2017.
Still not convinced yet? Let’s find out then why it is so important to have online presence:
- Credibility. As per statistics lots of people surf the internet and search solutions to their problems online: search for a store, restaurant, required service, compare prices, read testimonials, take a look at portfolio etc. All these people will not just easily trust you if you are not online.
- Save money. Create a website or an app, pay for development and advertising, but still save money in a long run. Sounds fake for you? But you really can’t afford not to be online. It is worth money investment. Consider the potential market you can reach. Save money on brochures, flyers, specials printing, on postage costs. Besides you are not limited to space or time restrictions.
- Wide target audience. You are not tied to your local place anymore. Now your business is accessible from anywhere in the world. Think of all people who can now order and buy goods or services from you. Do not lose an opportunity to attract new clients.
- Availability. Your store is open only your work hours, but your website or application is available 24/7/365. When you can’t answer the phone or sell goods, your website will do the work. Now you can always be there for your customers.
- Better customer service. Interact with your customers via your website or app. Keep your customers informed about all that is happening in your day-to-day business life: special offers, discounts, exhibitions, other activities etc Share your product reviews and testimonials. Start a blog to educate customers about your product. Put FAQ page. Create bond with your customers.
- Try new ideas. It is easier to check your assumptions online. Create new content and observe the results right away. Choose the best advertising option by measuring results, track numbers before and after new ad.
Now, when you know for sure how important it is to have professional online presence, new questions arise. Who will do all the work for you? Who will create and design website? Who will choose technology to use? Who will automate your business operations? Many medium businesses decide to have an IT department for these purposes. Seems convenient, right? You have an in-house team that can solve all your issues. But does expenses for keeping IT department worth having your in-house team?
IT department: To be or not to be?
Firstly, such companies need to hire new employees. And it is not only looking at candidates CVs, but the process includes communicating with candidates, interviewing, making sure the person fits company culture. Afterwards on-boarding process for new employees starts. New equipment for workplace have to be bought. For old employees equipment have to be updated from time to time. Ongoing costs on software updates, computer repair and general support are unavoidable. Don’t forget about employee trainings, benefits and incentives, salaries, insurance policies. Also, remember about office infrastructure and taxes. And so on and so on. Average company spends 6.4% of its annual revenue on IT expenses. Companies spend approximately $700 per user per month when all IT expenses are applied.
Maybe you believe that IT department worth all these huge expenses? But what do you REALLY need: to have an IT department or do you need your problems to be solved and your requests fulfilled? The answer is simple here. And IT Master knows exactly how to deliver highly-skilled solutions.
IT Master is your reliable IT Partner
We are ready to help small startups, medium-sized companies or large enterprises. Whether you need a new project from scratch or need to finish particular stage of the project or simply fix bugs, we can meet all your requirements. You can be sure we thoroughly select our employees and invest in their growth. Our dedicated team of developers uses only the best and modern technologies. Let’s start cooperation. Contact us today!
Get in touch with us!