React.js vs Ember.js for Web Development in 2021 - Which Option Wins?
The right choice of the tech stack matters for your future apps’ success, usability, and business value, so in this article, let’s compare Ember.js and React.js to find out which tool can suit you.
Posted by IT Master Soft Sep 23 | 2021
When it comes to software development, there are no best and worst solutions. There are solutions that can either drive benefits to the future project or significantly complicate its creation.
Getting lost in JS frameworks? Let us help you with the right choice. Ask us now!
Framework vs library, Ember vs React
What is the difference between Ember and React? The core difference is the nature of these two technologies. While React.js is a library, that is the set of reusable components software developers can quickly embed, Ember.js is a framework, that is, a more full-fledged tool to use as a skeleton for future app architecture and user interfaces.
Usage trends: React.vs Ember
React.js site sample Airbnb Home Page (not developed by IT Master)
- React.js significantly streamlines the creation of UI components
- There are a lot of useful tools and add-ons
- The code created with React.js is clear and SEO-friendly
- Testing and debugging is easy with this library
- React.js promises fast rendering
- React.js has a wide community and great talent pool to gather your team
- Learning React.js may not be as easy as it seems at first glance. While some developers say that basic JS skills will be enough to get started with this library, others say handling React.js can be tricky.
- React.js documentation lacks clarity - and this can be the logical explanation for both of the cons from above.
Business use cases
A lot of globally famous companies use React.js to power their web apps; for example, New York Times, Instagram, and Airbnb - just to name a few. Below are the types of projects React.js is perfectly compatible with.
- Single Page Application (SPA). When using React.js to create SPAs, the developers can take benefit from the server-side rendering, which is faster compared to the client-side, and make the single page app even more performant and fast-working.
- Dynamic Web Pages. Virtual DOM (Document Object Model) supported by React. js can be the reason to use it for dynamic content apps. Virtual DOM streamlines the response speed of the app when the user makes even minimalistic changes.
- eCommerce website or any other website with multi-level UI. React.js can be a winning option to build eCommerce websites and other solutions with heavy architectures and UI because of the component reusability. To put it simply, React allows for creating complex software at a faster pace, saving time and effort.
IT Master Soft case studies with React.js
We like using React.js as a part of our development processes since it makes a lot of things easier. However, most of the recent apps we have created using this tool are DNA-protected, so we can share only some general points which, nevertheless, showcase the opportunities and applicability of React.js pretty well.
- An application for hiring service workers. The specific feature of this app is the opportunity for those in job search to create video self-presentations and attract more attention from potential employees. This is an example of how React.js can be used to create dynamic content apps. Now, we work on embedding the app with an automated staff management system.
- We have also created a solution on the verge of eCommerce (this is one of the top industries to use React.js in the development process) and charity. The app allows the users to buy certain goods while the money earned from deals will be redirected to support kids from an orphanage.
- As one more example, there is a logistic website that connects truck owners with auto owners in need to move the vehicle from a certain location to another. This case study shows how React.js can simplify users’ communication within the app.
Ready to create a blazing-fast app with React. js? We know how to do it right!
Also, Ember becomes less popular and slightly outdated technology year after year, in contrast to Angular.js for example, which is also ten years old but is still loved and respected in the developers’ community.
Ember.js site sample Groupon Home Page (not developed by IT Master)
- Client-side rendering. While server-side rendering is better for SEO and super-fast user experience, client-side rendering makes sense when it is necessary to streamline web app usage on mobile devices
- Convention over configuration. To put it simply, using this development paradigm, the developers can make fewer decisions and change the configuration of the element only when they extremely need it. It streamlines the development process and saves effort
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture which is beneficial for large-size apps since the modifications don't affect the entire system
- Clear documentation
- Ember. js is one of the less popular JS frameworks
- Its community is pretty small
- Ember.js is heavy and lacks flexibility
- Learning this framework is mostly difficult
Business use cases
Despite its popularity being decreased recently, Ember.js is still used by prominent projects. For example, take a look at the Groupon website - it is built with Ember as one of the tools in their tech stack.
As for the Ember.js use cases, it performs best when used for large websites - Groupon is a suitable example in this case as well. The developers also choose Ember when they prioritize the stable architecture over the rapid-fast user experience (because of the client-side rendering), and need to embed complex features. This framework can sometimes be an option for Single Page Apps.
Ember js vs React js: detailed comparison of JS tools
|Created by||Yehuda Katz|
|App type||Web development (frontend)||Web development (frontend)|
|Development time||Short||Can take longer than expected|
|Tools and kits||Many extensions and third-party tools||Many extensions and third-party tools|
So, is Ember better than React? Both Ember and React.js have their pros and cons, and when they are used right, the positive features of each of the technologies are likely to outweigh its limitations. Also, there is one more condition for using both React and Ember successfully - your development team members should be tech-savvy and skilled enough to handle them since these technologies can be challenging to deal with.
We, at IT Master Soft, are ready to take on the responsibility to develop your solution with any of the tools, and what’s more - suggest the winning option for your case.
Get in touch with us right now - we would be happy to discuss your project and assist!