Angular vs React vs Vue - Use Cases, Benefits, and Limitations Revealed
Which framework to choose for your web app frontend development? There can be a lot of winning options, and Angular.js, Vue.js and React.js are the top three tools to choose from. Let’s dwell on their specifics in more detail to pick the one that will be able to streamline your development process, create a reliable, stable, and UI-centered web app while staying agile and flexible.
The main difference between Angular and React and Vue
Before dwelling on Angular vs React vs Vue.js technical features comparison, let’s define, and classify these technologies in a simpler way, catching their essence. Angular, React and Vue are three technologies used for creating the frontend parts of web applications; That is, the parts the users will interact with directly. Still, the nature and use-cases of all three technologies are a little different.
Help me make the right choice!
This technology was created by Facebook, and quickly picked by globally famous projects like Instagram (which is quite logical), WhatsApp, New York Times, and others.
The main distinctive features of React.js are component reusability and strong testing and debugging functions built-in. That’s why, it can become a good choice for the apps that need to deploy a complex architecture while making sure there are no flows and meeting strict deadlines. Virtual DOM (to put it simply, this is an opportunity to instantly update the real UI by making changes to its virtual “prototype” - but don’t mix it up with a design prototype) is another thing that makes a web app created with React.js more performant.
- React.js comes with an extensive set of features for a streamlined and more effective development process.
- Strong testing and debugging features make these processes smoother as well.
- Virtual DOM enhances the performance of web apps created with Reat.js, and that’s why it can be a good choice for apps with complex architecture aimed at stable operation.
- React.js supporting documentation is not also always clear to the programmers getting started with the technology.
Business use cases
- Single Page Applications. SPAs created with React.js are pretty robust because of the fewer client-server requests.
- Dynamic Web Apps. The developers often choose React for creating dynamic web apps with a lot of animations, since reusing these elements is easy, and the app itself doesn’t lose its performance, even being heavily loaded with animated content.
- SEO-focused websites. React.js allows for creating a code that will be SEO-friendly and easily understandable by Google.
- eCommerce and enterprise apps. Should you choose React or Angular for enterprise development? In most cases, React.js is a better choice because of its inherent ability to create reusable multiple components, while keeping the architecture pretty stable. This is also the reason why it can be a match for eCommerce apps, which should come with an outstanding UI, be SEO-friendly, and be highly performant at the same time.
Do you feel like React.js matches your future project?
Let us assist you with React development!
Let’s proceed with Angular comparison since this is one of the most popular frameworks ever. Being created in 2010, Angular still continues to evolve, has a large community, a lot of additional tools and extensions, and by nature can cover a lot of business cases.
The Model-View-Controller is what makes Angular stand out since developers don’t need to waste time on model-view sync ups. The framework also supports dependency injections, making the components even more reusable and easy to test.
- Angular is supported by Google
- There is a great talent pool to choose from
- Testing Angular frontends is easy
- Effective server-side rendering
- Two-way data binding
- Angular lacks security
- It is heavy weighted
- Angular has a steep learning curve
As for the example the Forbes website is created with Angular.js, among the other winning tools.
Business use cases
- Single Page Applications. As well as React.js, Angular is good for SPAs since it allows for making them robust and overly nice.
- Progressive Web Apps.Creating PWAs with Angular became easier after the service worker feature was added. With its help, developers can turn almost any app into a progressive one, that is, allow it to work without an Internet connection, managing data from a cache storage.
- Enterprise apps. This is the top use case of Angular.js. When creating an enterprise app, the developers can make use of TypeScripts, adding static type to the code, deploy complex business logic on the component-based architecture, and increase efficiency with the help of dependencies injection.
Our case studies
Angular. js can be a good choice for various projects from different industries, so let us show some of our examples created with the help of this technology.
While there are a lot of hotel booking platforms, our task was to create one for the users with no prior experience with an online accommodation booking (that is, the UI has to be as simple and intuitive as possible), plus the solution has to be quite stable, safe and robust to let both users and accommodation owners receive instant updates and manage the bookings/objects in the most effective way. We have chosen Angular.js as a part of the tech stack for this app to make use of its server-side rendering and two-way data binding.
In our opinion, Angular.js can also be a good option for websites heavily overloaded with content. This was one of the reasons why we have picked this framework for our educational video hosting platform. The user-friendly multilingual interface is one of the prominent features of the app, but as for its technical challenges on the backend part, we faced the need to employ a dedicated server because of the large memory consumption.
Despite the main use case of the app being effective social media content management, the set of features we have created goes beyond cross-posting. The app also comes with lead generation, and marketing campaigns development features, plus detailed statistics, instant notifications, and post suggestion generation functions. This is a nearly-enterprise level app, so using Angular among the other technologies was an obvious choice.
Let’s create an awesome app with Angular.js. Our developers know how to transform Angular.js specifics into ultimate business benefits for your future solution!
How is Vue.js different from Angular and React? There are several features making this frontend framework outstanding. Firstly, this is the tiniest framework ever still, it comes with a large set of powerful features. It supports two-way data binding (the feature that allows for changing the component and instantly changing the dependent element), uses virtual DOM rendering, allows for making use of components reusability (which may complicate the choice between Vue vs React), and in some cases, it performs better compared to Angular vs React.
As for the famous companies using it, Grammarly and Trustpilot are worth mentioning.
- Angular vs React vs Vue: Which is more flexible? Most developers agree that Vue can boast of the best flexibility.
- This framework is also easy to learn.
- It comes with well-written documentation.
- Vue has a great supportive community.
- Switching to Vue from Angular or React is also trouble-free.
- Two-way data binding can be a challenge for some projects.
- Some developers note that Vue’s enhanced flexibility may also cause more problems than benefits.
- The talent pool isn’t so large.
- Vue lacks plugins and can be difficult to scale.
Business use cases
- Animated websites. Both React or Vue can equally be suitable for animated websites, since they can promise enhanced performance while still keeping UI in focus.
- UI-centered websites. Vue.js is a purely UI framework. This is also the reason why it is so flexible - it comes with a set of predeveloped elements to let the developers experiment with user interfaces until finding the perfect balance between the design, usability, and technical stuffing.
- Rapid development. Vue can also promise a lighting-fast development speed. That’s why it can be an option for Minimum Viable Product (MVP) development, validating the idea in the real market environment without the need to invest too much time and money.
Ready to make sure your idea is truly winning? Let’s create a simple yet effective MVP to do it? Contact IT Master Soft for MVP development services right now!
Vue.js vs React vs Angular Comparison Table
|Created by||Evan You (ex.Google employee)|
|App type||Web apps (frontend)|
|Development cost||Costly||Affordable||Affordable to costly|
|Tools and kits||Many extensions and third-party tools||Few extensions, plugins, and third-party tools||Many extensions and third-party tools|
React vs Angular vs Vue.js — what to choose in 2021? The right answer will always be driven by your project necessities. While Angular can cover quite a lot of business use cases, React and Vue are more specific. While Vue can promise enhanced flexibility, React performs best when used for large projects with complex architecture. Our tech teams can help you not only make the right choice but also create the highest-end solution using the toolkits that will perfectly match your business requirements and expectations.Let’s discuss your project already today. Reach out to us for a free consultation right now!
Technology Stack for Web Development
There is a widely-held belief that a tech stack can make or break your future web product. That’s why before writing any line of code, it’s crucial to carefully select a tech stack.Read more
Best framework for Web Development
Choosing the best framework for web development is always challenging and project-dependent. However, making the right choice promises the opportunity to streamline your application development and perfectly tailor the future product to the users’ expectationsRead more
React.js vs React Native - Choosing the Right Tool for Your App
Let’s draw a clear line between React.js and React Native. We'll help you to understand when to use React.js library and when React Native framework is the right choice.Read more